Ran out of time, but there was so much news today!
Best–selling books written by very wealthy people are usually along the lines of “The Secrets of My Success” ― but this is a space–travel story!
A Romance of the Future
John Jacob Astor IV (1894)
- HNtW 092 (2021–08–13) : Author’s Preface, Book I Chapters I―IV
- HNtW 093 (2021–08–17) : Introduction by SM Stirling for a reprint edition (following the main content of the show, which is Chapter II of The Castle of Otranto)
- HNtW 094 (2021–09–02) Book I, Chapters V―VII
- John Coltrane – Alabama (Live At Birdland)
- McCoy Tyner – Passion Dance
- Horace Silver and the Jazz Messengers – Doodlin’
- Ornette Coleman – Congeniality
- Miles Davis – Bags’ Groove (Take 1)
- Joe Henderson – Mode For Joe
- Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden – Everything Happens To Me
This is regarded as the first “Gothic novel” of terror and suspense. I had trouble restraining my laughter all through.
Horace Walpole (1764)
- HNtW 091 (2021–08–10) : Author’s Preface and Chapter I
- HNtW 093 (2021–08–17) : Chapter II (plus an introduction to A Journey in Other Worlds, written by SM Stirling)
- HNtW 096 (2021–09–10) : Chapter III ― we are now on even numbers, because of the special episode 95 for the 25th anniversary of aNONradio
For those who wish to follow along at home, the text is available on Project Gutenberg.
- 00:30, Ri Za – Now & Here, D minor, 121 bpm
- 05:45, Serge Devant – This Moment (Original Mix), Gb minor, 123 bpm
- 12:45, Volkan Erman – Bones (Alex Plug Remix), Gb minor, 123 bpm
- 17:45, Henry Krinkle – Stay (Justin Martin Remix), Gb minor, 124 bpm
- 23:00, Ilya Gerus – Above Only The Stars… (Original Mix), E minor, 123 bpm
- 28:00, Jibis – Laudace De Vivre (Original Mix), E minor, 124 bpm
- 32:30, Soulwerk – Chimera (Original Mix), Eb minor, 123 bpm
- 39:30, Maya Jane Coles, Karin Park – Everything (Original Mix), F minor, 122 bpm
- 42:15, Markus Homm – Last day of spring (Original mix), Bb minor, 121 bpm
- 48:15, Dio S – Lucidness (Original Mix), D minor, 120 bpm
- 54:00, Govinda – Meloir featuring Loli Alvarez (Original Mix), Bb minor, 120 bpm
Songs inspired by lunar lions and new beginnings.
- Art of Dying – George Harrison
- Here Comes the Moon – George Harrison
- Abundance and Manifestation – New Moon Raiki Ritual
- Echoes – Pink Floyd
- New Moon Same Dark – Pretty Lights
- New Moons – Brian Eno
- New Moon – Lyra Pramuk
- Song of the New Moon – Chuck Mangione
- Moon Dreams – Miles Davis
- Waltz of the New Moon – The Incredible String Band
- Manifest – Andrew Bird
- Possibility – Lykke Li
- New moon magic – Sagason
- New Moon – Witch Weather
- New Moon Rising – Anugama
- New Moon (The Meadow) – Alexandre Desplat
- affirmation III – Prince
- Manifesto – Roxy Music
- New Moon on Monday – Duran Duran
- New Moon Over Jamaica – Johnny Cash, Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, June Carter Cash, Tom T. Hall
- New Moon – Tweedy
- New Moon – Steve Gunn
- There’s A New Moon Over My Shoulder – Tex Ritter
- The Sun, The Moon, The Stars – Prince
- Eclipse – 8 Bit Arcade
- Piano Sonata No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2 – “Moonlight”: 1. Adagio sostenuto – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Miles Davis – Shhh / Peaceful
- Ornette Coleman – Free Jazz (Pts. 1 & 2)
Listeners of the Stokesauce Radio show you will be familiar with some of the interesting ideas and music I’ve been sharing between songs.
In episode twelve of the Stokesauce Radio Show, I tell a story about how much more productive I’ve become since I dropped my phone into the ocean. Yeah I’ve been without a phone for nearly two weeks and it’s been amazing
In episode eleven I speak of the current live music in my neighbourhood about what it is and what it could be. I share great music and some other ideas. I tell more stories about my music releases.
In episode 10 I speak about recording trumpet, relaxing at the beach. Some thoughts about using time well. How could you possibly go wrong with the sorts of music you’ll hear on the SSRS?
In episode 9 of the SSRS I’ve been helping my friends with their various productions, thoughts about emulated synthesizers and the importance of routine. More class A music and my thoughts about “Later with Jools Holland”.
In episode 8 * 2021-06-08 I share thoughts about Art, a visit over to the next village, making music, being busy or not busy! my AKAI synth/midi controller, and as usual, we let’s get into some music.
If you’ve missed previous shows then here’s your chance to tune in and get a splash of good tunes, thoughts and ideas.
Tune in at exactly 0000 UTC you may discover another song or two you’ve may not have heard before or another option would be to dig up some of my past episodes in the AnonRADIO archives.
Have I ever mentioned my regular weekly newsletter? I‘ve got this newsletter going over at https://buttondown.email/stokesauce and although it’s over 4 months old now, and I have yet to send out my first newsletter, but I will soon enough.
Sign up if you want to stay in touch, it will be Infrequent notes about art, music and literature. I produce and compose music, and Stoke Sauce is a way of documenting my journey, things I’m learning about and want to share with friends. If you’re interested in this kind of thing, subscribe to follow.
* The Stokesauce Show has moved over to 0000 UTC on Tuesdays, which I hope will bring Stokesauce closer to a US audience, while my Australian listeners will probably continue to listen in the archives.
Some buzzing on the cord from my stereo for the turntable, but I think I finally fixed the angle it needs to be at, so hopefully future shows don’t have this problem. Only heard during “The Pharaohs Love Y’all”.
This episode features a song from aNONradio’s own Stokesauce! Check out his show too!
EW&F – Brazilian Rhyme (fearless mix) – SoulSource EW&F Remixes
EW&F – Elevated feat. Floetry – Illumination
The Pharaohs – The Pharaohs Love Y’all – In the Basement
The Pharaohs – Drum Suite – In the Basement
Derf Reklaw – Sunrise on the Nile – From the Nile (Ubiquity)
Ramsey Lewis – Seventh Fold (Charles Stepney) – Salongo
Julian “Stokesauce” Munyard – chill house disco twist
Zuco 103 – Outro Lado – Outro Lado
Viktor Duplaix – I See the Sun – Bold and Beautiful
Stanley Cowell – Equipoise – Equipoise
Songs inspired by cutting it out and being better without it. Heal thyself!
- Somebody Get Me a Doctor – Van Halen
- Love Surgery – Gwar
- Surgery – Nuclear Assault
- Esoteric Surgery – Gojira
- Crash Course in Brain Surgery – Budgie
- Brain Salad Surgery – Emerson, Lake & Palmer
- Open Heart Surgery – The Brian Jonestown Massacre
- Surgeon – St. Vincent
- Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana
- Timebomb – Beck
- Time Bomb – Ramones
- Time Bomb – Rancid
- Call the Doctor – Sleater-Kinney
- I Don’t Need A Doctor – Humble Pie
- Doctor Jeep – Sisters of Mercy
- Witch Doctor – Alvin & The Chipmunks
- The Witch Doctor – Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
- Dancing With Mr. D – The Rolling Stones
- (Don’t Fear) The Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
- Hospital – The Modern Lovers
- I Don’t Want to Die (in the Hospital) – Conor Oberst
- Touch Me I’m Sick – Mudhoney
- Scalpel – Alice in Chains
- I Wanna Be Sedated – Ramones
- I Want a New Drug – Huey Lewis & The News
- Can’t Fight This Feeling – REO Speedwagon
- Who Are You – The Who
- Personality Crisis – New York Dolls
- One Hundred Years – The Cure
- Alive – Pearl Jam
- So Alive – Love and Rockets
- Keep Yourself Alive – Queen
- Alive And Kicking – Simple Minds
- I Got You (I Feel Good) – James Brown
- Feel Good Inc. – Gorillaz
- Stayin’ Alive – Tiny Tim