Tales From SYL Ranch streams on aNONradio every Sunday from 20:00 – 22:00 UTC.
(For those of you in North America, that’s 2pm – 4pm Central time. If you’re not in Central time, I leave the math to you.)
The show will be … “eclectic.”
Music will be heavy on film scores (John Williams is The Man), but will include “Weird Al” Yankovic, the occasional Shania Twain, and others.
I may spend two hours playing nothing but Doctor Who theme mixes. You’d be amazed how many there are.
I’m also a libertarian IT wonk. I’ve got some things to say about libertarianism, IT, and where they intersect.
Mostly (much like the late, lamented, Al-TV) I’ll be playing music that I want to listen to.
The show is not currently call-in. I’m dipping my toe into this water via a cunning script developed by an SDF user. As I get more comfortable with the tech, I’ll go live and invite callers.
aNONradio is hosted by my beloved SDF.org. I’ve had an account with SDF for nigh on to twenty yahren. If you’re not a member, sign up, it’s free.
If you’re an IT wonk and don’t know the command-line and shared systems, sign up right away. You can’t do all that cool “Mr. Robot” stuff if you don’t know the command line.
Go to http://sdf.org and follow the instructions.
This week’s line-up is currently shaping up to be:
- The first ten minutes of the audio from The Star Wars Holiday Special.
It’s nothing but Wookie noises and cheap 70s synth.
I’m only using it as the header, so you’ll be unlikely to hear it. If there’s some interest, I’ll play the entire ten minutes’ mess. Heck, I’ll play the entire 90 minutes. I’m not proud.
- Johnny Fever Takes Over
- “Star Wars Main Title” (Complete)
- Me yapping.
- “Princess Leia’s Theme” (Album)
- “Jerry Springer” (“Weird Al” Yankovic)
- Me ranting about something or another.
- “John Williams Is the Man” (Valhalla High School Concert Choir)
- Something silly for the footer. I haven’t decided what. Maybe South Park’s version of “The Aristocrats,” since it won’t be heard anyway.