Philip Francis Nowlan
This novel was edited together from two novelettes (one with the same title, the other entitled The Airlords of Han) which appeared in 1928—29. The first part, in fact, was published in the same issue of Amazing Stories as the first part of The Skylark of Space. And that’s why I’ve chosen to read it now, rather than later.
There is also a 1978 version available, “specially revised and updated for the modern reader” (or rather, heavily rewritten) by of all people “noted science fiction critic and Hugo Award winning author Spider Robinson”. I missed my chance to ask him about this at the Kansas City Worldcon, where he was Guest of Honor.
- Front matter, Prologue, Chapters 1 & 2 — HNtW 29, 5 May 2017
- Chapters 3—5, HNtW 30, 9 May
- Chapters 6—8, HNtW 31, 16 May
- Chapters 9—11, HNtW 32, 19 May
- Chapters 12—16 (and a bit of 17), HNtW 33, 23 May
- Chapters 17 & 18, and Epilogue, HNtW 34, 26 May