- Mr. Ks – Making Beats, G major, 123 bpm
- Dake- From The Hill featuring Lazarusman (Original mix), F minor, 120 bpm
- Gorkiz – Ben (Original Mix), G major, 124 bpm
- Dan Lypher – Don’t Stop Bitches (Original Mix), F minor, 121 bpm
- Max Chapman – Freaks Come Out (Original Mix), F minor, 124 bpm
- Paride Saraceni – Liberty (Original Mix), Gb minor, 126 bpm
- Dale Howard – C’mon, Gb minor, 124 bpm
- Mylene Farmer – Fuck Them All (Sako Isoyan Remix), Db minor, 116 bpm
- Bahlzack – My Rest (Original Mix), A minor, 120 bpm
- Jan Blomqvist – Big Jet Plane (Animal Trainer Remix), E minor, 122 bpm
- Abramovsky – Fade Away (Original Mix), E minor, 118 bpm
- Couture – Afterglow featuring Rachelle (Eelke Kleijn Remix), Bb minor, 125 bpm
Available for download in the archives.
Electro, IDM, and one odd breaks track, all at around 128. A little cryptic, distant, faded.
This show can be heard it aNONradio’s archives here: https://archives.anonradio.net/202009110600_cev.mp3, and at mixcloud here: https://www.mixcloud.com/djcev/mtt-185-like-shadows/.
- Obergman / Synchronicity 00:00
- Holger Flinsch / Abak 01:35
- Metamatics / Liquid Gel 04:00
- Creta Kano / Skyway Motel 07:48
- Legowelt / Shadows In The Street Life 11:37
- Transparent Sound / What Goes On? 16:18
- VC-118A / Protocol 20:48
- Low Orbit Satellite / Hostile Manoeuvres 23:07
- Lok44 / Flaix 28:07
- Anthony Rother / Medium 31:22
- Electroberlin / The End 37:07
- Silicon Scally / Coast To Coast 39:22
- Jon Convex / Radar 44:37
- Rude 66 / Overkill (Vocoder Mix) 48:46
- Identity Unknown / Wasp 47 52:25
- Plastikman / Mind In Rewind 55:27
The marquee track of this selection is without a doubt Legowelt‘s Shadows In The Street Life from his album Pancakes With Mist. I’ve been waiting to play it for a month or more now. An electro anthem, the kind I find only every few years. Mixes well with Skyway Motel, too, which is pretty cool.
Another thing to mention is that Rude 66’s classic Overkill is playing at -6% in this mix. On second listen it sounds a bit off, a bit wrong, though to some extent that was my intention. Maybe it would have been better a little slower. Check the link above to hear Overkill at its original speed if you’re unfamiliar with it.
I’m happy with this. We’ve been having a, ah, weather event where I am in Oregon and the music choices this hour reflect that. The performance could be better, there are some annoying unfinished edges in the mix, but I’m always going to say that. Oh, and my little vocal intro wasn’t archived correctly, but that’s OK.
I’ll be back next week with something slower.