- Rau.du – Mersey Angelic (Battric and MIVU Remix), 12 minor, 122 bpm
- Mike Teknii – Mid Range (Peppe Markese and Profano Remix), 12 minor, 123 bpm
- Carmelo Gargaglione – File e dispositivi (Manuel De Lorenzi Stripe Remix), 12 minor, 124 bpm
- Joseph Krause – Illusioni Perdute (Luixar KL Remix), 12 minor, 124 bpm
- PRT Stacho – Love Of An Angel (Luixar KL Remix), 7 minor, 123 bpm
- Daniel Sanchez – Pearled Into Droplets (Nima Gorji Remix), 7 minor, 125 bpm
- DJ Red – Raw Cacao (Ricardo Villalobos Remix), 7 minor, 126 bpm
- Nathan Fake – The Sky Was Pink (James Holden Remix), 7 minor, 124 bpm
- Binar Memories of the Past (Original Mix), C major, 124 bpm
- Florian Meindl – Anomaly, 2 minor, 128 bpm
- Dawn Razor – Warped, 2 minor, 128 bpm
- Jacek Sienkiewicz – Kingdom Of Lo (Original Mix), 2 minor, 127 bpm
- Jane Oak – Now’s the Time, 4 major, 129 bpm
Available for download in the archives.
A 110 BPM grab bag episode this time. I wanted to play Dave Angel’s Latin Lover and How I Missed You by Clatterbox and worked backward from there.
A recording of this show can be found in aNONradio’s archives: https://archives.anonradio.net/202005010600_cev.mp3 , and at mixcloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/djcev/mtt-166-relative-distance/ .
- Mrs Jynx / Diving Loop 00:00
- The Pad Foundation / The Last Stand 03:03
- Gottfried Y. Leibniz / Leibniz’ Vierspeziesrechenmaschine 06:11
- Clatterbox / How I Missed You [It Catches My Heart In It’s Hands] 09:52
- Darkhalo / Manga Starlight 14:11
- Jean-Paul Bondy ft. Carl Finlow / Cold Reformer 17:38
- Axiom 23 / Higher Communication (Hyper Script) 21:08
- Bola / Sirasancerre 25:12
- Boards Of Canada / Pete Standing Alone 26:57
- Lawb / Sdhkvjeesus 31:34
- Clatterbox / Hard Cell [Long Distance Voice Mail] 33:35
- Drox / Aquanerve 37:04
- Skatebård / Celluloid Mirage 40:18
- Fluke / Mosh 43:13
- Enertia-sound / Lutron 48:36
- Dave Angel / Latin Lover 51:21
- FSOL / Hot Knives 55:40
- Legowelt / Cherri Meets The Professor 58:10
Track #16 Latin Lover by Dave Angel is from the first 2004 Ghost In The Shell tribute album. I said my piece about those two tribute albums in the show notes to MTT158, so go check that out. Latin Lover is the one slow track on that first tribute album, and is excellent, worth dropping out of Lutron for.
Project Unison by Metamatics and Clatterbox features twice in this hour, as track #4 How I Missed You and #11 Hard Cell. Project Unison was released twice, first on Neo Ouija and then on Hydrogen Dukebox. The two releases have the same content although the tracklists appear different. I own the Neo Ouija neo02lp version of the album, so I’ve used those titles above. The hyperlinks lead to Hydrogen Dukebox’s bandcamp however, so I’ve included the Dukebox titles in brackets. Anyway, that’s a very pretty IDM album, probably my favorite work by both Clatterbox and Metamatics.
This is the second week in a row Carl Finlow‘s vocals have appeared. Last week it was Out Of Time from Electrilogy+, this week it’s Jean-Paul Bondy‘s great Cold Reformer. Bondy is better known to me as Volum and one half of Volsoc. Cold Reformer is on a fun, varied album called The Path Of Most Resistors from 2006. I’ve been quietly playing tracks off it over the last few years; it’s worth a listen and is available at junodownload.
And that’s all the commentary I have in me today. I’ll be back with some electro next time, I think.
Breaks, electro, techno; continuing the theme of the last few weeks. The middle of this is maybe too subdued, but I’m happy with the hour overall.
Due to technical difficulties this show did not air on aNONradio as planned. It was recorded a day later and has been uploaded to mixcloud, and rb387.net (my friend’s server). This show would have originally aired on 2020-04-25; this tracklist is being added to aNONradio’s blog to preserve continuity.
- ADJ & Pathic / Scenario 00:01
- Dj HasH / Rumbo A Eddion 03:43
- MAS 2008 / World’s Passing By 06:13
- Popkomm / Input 10:20
- =UHU= / Magic Computer 13:21
- Lowfish / Ripped 17:08
- Mitch Murder / Coup de Théâtre 20:51
- DMX Krew / PH-830 24:56
- Echo 106 / Dark Strings 27:44
- Camomile Dawn / Louise 31:55
- Mikron / Re-Entry 35:13
- Marco Bernardi / Super Deep Voices 39:17
- Peshka / Averuna 42:37
- Enertia-sound / Electrostatic 48:16
- Carl Finlow / Out Of Time 53:20
- Namlook / Music For Urban Meditation Part III 58:00
Two tracks from the NV020 compilation on Neo Violence feature in this mix: #10 Louise by Camomile Dawn and #13 Averuna by Peshka. I’ve been playing both NV020 and NV017 a lot lately, and recommend both (and Neo Violence in general).
But I came here this week to play Carl Finlow’s classic Out Of Time. I think I first heard Out Of Time in a mix DJ Xed put out on the old electroalliance.net forums. It’s on the Electrilogy+ CD, a compilation of the three Electrilogy 12″s that were released on Device in 2001 and 2002. (Plus a few extra tracks, as the name suggests). Mr. Finlow has Electrilogy+ available on his bandcamp with an extended mix of Out Of Time, and it’s worth every penny. I’ve been waiting to play it here; this felt like the right moment.
Last thing I’ll say, I generally dislike Synthwave but I love Mitch Murder‘s work, particularly the album After Hours. It has multiple cool electro pieces on it; that’s where track #7 Coup de Théâtre comes from. If you’re like me and Synthwave isn’t your thing, give After Hours a shot.
And that’s it. I’ll be back next week (hopefully live on the radio again) with something slower to close out the month.