100 BPM beats for a tired Thursday night. This mix includes one F-bomb at the 30 minute mark, during Viktor Vaughn (MF Doom)’s rap. I guess that makes this one PG-13. Consider your surroundings when listening. (In other words: may or may not be appropriate for work. Depends on where you work.)
Here’s the tracklist:
- Mikron / Embers 00:00
- Ben Businovski / Re-evaluation 04:30
- Seal Bient / Structure Of Phantoms 07:26
- Reedale Rise / X-K 09:53
- Boards Of Canada / In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country 13:00
- Depeche Mode / Cover Me (Alt Out) 16:30
- Takeshi Muto / Muto Love 19:47
- Push Button Objects / Striffle 23:06
- Prefuse 73 / Point To B 26:23
- Viktor Vaughn / Raedawn 29:03
- Aaron Spectre / Voices 31:38
- Mikron / Aldergrove 35:55
- Secret Frequency Crew / Ghost In The Bayou 39:43
- Funky Technicians / Ninja (Essence Of Time Remix) 42:32
- Lionrock / Rock Steady Romance 44:49
- Tipper / Minimal Thoughts Of Reason 48:35
- T.Power / Postcards From Pluto 51:12
- Aroma Nice / Lo 56:34
and here’s the recording: https://archives.anonradio.net/202001310600_cev.mp3.
Two tracks by Mikron feature in this mix: #1 Embers and #12 Aldergrove. Both are from the excellent album Severance on CPU Records. Severance is a nicely varied album, slower in tempo than is typical for electro, more relaxed. It works well as an album, too: I’m happy listening to it straight through, beginning to end. Thumbs up for Severance, give it a listen at the link above.
Another standout here is Muto Love by Takeshi Muto from the Lily Of The Valley comp on Schematic. The rest of that comp is good too, and is definitely worth picking up. I’m sure I’ll be playing parts of it over the coming months.
Not too much more to say about this one; all these tracks are good. If something strikes your fancy here consider supporting the artist(s) at the links above. I’ll be back next week with something fast.